July 15, 2010

new drivers

my best friend here in Colorado is most definitely Miss Armi Estevez. if you have had the pleasure of meeting her, you probably understand. last night she spent the night at our house, and this morning we woke up and got beautiful and headed to the park, where Caleb has soccer practice bright and early. we lazed around for a while, and, after xoccer practice, headed down to the DMV where Armi finally got her Driver's Permit!! :) i'm so proud. :) She is officially allowed to drive with a licensed adult in the car (of which -i was suprised to discover- i qualify as!!) we also went to visit mom at the bank and celebrate with her over lunch.... and then.....
Armi drove home.
It was possibly one of the most frightening experiences of my life, but she did very well. I am proud of the nerves she kept as she drove down "F' Road toward my house just a few blocks down the street. It seemed to strech on for miles. It's cute how when we are learning, we know how to drive automatically, because we have seen parents and friends do it like breathing, and yet... so much goes into it.
i would like to thank the two wonderful people in my life who taught me to drive... MOM most of all... thank you for not letting Dad scream at me as I forgot where the brake was and pressed the gas pedal to the floor to try to move the car an inch.
and Dad??
...
I understand now.

No comments:

Post a Comment