August 22, 2010

Classes

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow.
Hopefully, that is.

Tomorrow marks that loveliest of all occassions in the freshman college student's life: the beginning of classes.

I sit here hoping and praying that life will continue on, and that the butterflies will stop making me want to dispell the remants of breakfast out of my body. This is life.

The past two weeks have flown by, the first- which you have heard about- being guard camp, the second-being much, much easier and able to handle (without any lossage of teeth) being band camp.

Last night was our official end of band camp day. We performed our show to a small audience of family and high schoolers, and gathered together as a family creating a symbol of the sweat, blood, and tears that had gone into the week. I am now an honorary member of Liberty University's Marching Band, and I truly belong in our Sacred Block.

We have worked hard to get the show to where it is, and have done a good job. Not to say we have reached perfection, but I am proud of our team.

Through out this year, Marching Band is going to have a spiritual theme to our devotions and actions, this being: I will help you be more like Christ.
I have already begun to see this come to fruition in the last two weeks.

We begin our days with prayer, and continuously remind ourselves and others that we are not marching, spinning, or playing our instruments for ourselves, our friends, or our school, but for God.

This focus has helped us to realize that life is not really about "me." It's all about HIM.

Much work is left to come, but with Him, all things are possible.

1 comment:

  1. Hey terrific! How'd I miss this post?

    Glad to hear that you guys are doing so well!

    Keep all them teeth too!

    ReplyDelete