March 25, 2011

When I'm down and low.

So today, I'm feeling not too happy with myself.

I am being an immature little girl, and since I can recognize it, I'm getting even more annoyed.

Being annoyed at myself is quite disconcerting. Makes me feel rather... schizophrenic?

In order that I might be pushed out of my own funk, I am going to begin to name the good things I have going on in my life that are wonderful.

1. Today is a day that My Lord has made.
2. I am at a wonderful school that is focused on God and godly principles.
3. I am currently sitting in a fluffy, comfortable chair in a peaceful and relatively quiet place.
4. Tonight I am going to hang out with people that I love and laugh a lot.
5. My mom got very exciting and potentially life-changing news today.
6. I am sitting across from a really cool painting, thinking about what I would do if I had my own paints and canvas with me.
7. I got to drink really good coffee several times today.
8. Spring is on its way here.
9. Tomorrow I get to sleep in, and then laze around with friends while doing homework. And drink coffee.
10. God loves me regardless of how I feel or what is going on in my mind or world. He is worthy!

We live in a world that allows itself to get bogged down and upset with the difficult or upsetting things in life, and don't take time to open our eyes to the bigger picture and see how wonderful our lives really are. What a shame.

So we do not focus on what is seen, but what is unseen; for that which is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment