March 7, 2011

Cinderella

You know those moments when you feel insignificant as a dust speck?
I'm instantly reminded of the Calvin and Hobbes comic by Bill Waterson.
One of my favorite strips is this one:


Calvin here is portraying his own personal feelings of being unimportant and inconsequential to the universe. His second comment shows how even this young, spunky, trouble-maker of a child is able to see how small he is in comparison to everything else.

We often struggle with these same ideas: believing that we make no difference on our planet, that the world would be the same- better even without our presence.

Though our size in comparison with the world is like an ant to a giant, God says that we matter to Him.
David says in Psalm 139, "It was You who created my inner parts; You knit me together in my mothers womb. I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and that my soul knows right well." God has created us for a purpose, and we are important to Him.

He has taken us, when we were like deaf and dumb sheep, and made us His. 
He changed our facade, and has made us Kings and Priests. I am now royalty in His eyes, because He has done a good work in me. He no longer views me as a mindless drone, wandering about the desert, straying farther away from the source of water that I need. 
I am a beloved Princess, the apple of His eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment