March 6, 2011

Forsythia Bushes

Today, as I was walking along the sidewalk, and suddenly I recognized there was more than just me wearing a bright color.

My favorite signs of spring are coming out of hiding.

The first one I saw was actually my favorite- the forsythia bushes are blooming.
For those of you who did not grow up with a mother who loved botany, forsythia bushes are those plants that bloom with tiny yellow flowers all over the entire plant before and after they grow leaves.
They cover our area with their glowing unconventional light, brightening up even the cloudy days.

While on the way to church today, I saw my second favorite sign of spring: lovely daffodils with their green leaves starkly contrasting the dark, damp earth supporting them. When we lived up in the northern parts of the country, the daffodils were always the first things to pop out of the ground, claiming victory over the death of winter.

The symbol of Spring has so many beautiful connotations to its being.

The re-birth of all living creatures shows a beautiful depiction of how man can be regenerated from a old, dead character into a beautiful, fresh and clean soul.
I have been made new, a creation that is a bold statement of who made me and what He can do with just a little bit of dust, a wisp of God's Breath, and His Living Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment