February 21, 2011

The Art of Patience and Patients

To shed some light on my personal life: I have been sick for the past weekend and a half.

Though I feel that I am going to be better and back to normal soon, I am pretty certain that God is trying to show me something through my illness.
By being sick I have had to rely on others very much for not only getting things done but also for going through much of the healing process.
Without certain people in my life, I would probably be unable to type these letters right now.

Just as I have to rely on other people in my life in order to be healed and continue to function on a somewhat human level, we as humanity have the sam desperate need.

Much more intense than the flu or common cold, humanity has a much deeper sickness that is worse than cancer throughout us.
There is only one way for us to be healed, and there is no possible way for us as individuals to get better on our own, or even look to our peers to help us to cope with our disease.
The only One who can heal us from our inborn illness is the One who created us. God designed us to be like Him, and even though we start out fallen far from where His standard is, He wants to help us to become more like Him, but it is our own personal choice.

Just as one must set up an appointment and drive to the doctor's office in order to begin the healing process, one must come to God willing to accept His medicine and the treatment necessary to heal us inside.
He's better than the doctor's though: He is always available 100% of the time, and He is always right next to you, ready for you to talk to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment