February 3, 2011

God's Infinite Wisdom

Bad news hurts.

You know that feeling you get when you hear something from a loved one that just cuts you to your core?
That gut wrenching twist of the knife that rips through your whole body?

I hate that feeling.

Being away from home gives that feeling to you. When you are so far away, you feel helpless, restricted, powerless.
For me, that weakness is crippling, essentially because generally I have maintained a powerful hand above the devil in having control in my life and in the lives of those whom I love.

I suppose this feeling is one I should become accustomed to, even relish. Certain knowledge I have just gained has told me, blatantly, that there is stuff in life that I cannot do anything about. I have tried, but there are no words I can add to what I have already spoken, and choices that I do not LOVE are going to be made, whether or not I agree with them.

I know I'm not superwoman, although the meta-human skills would come in handy. I cannot ascertain what will happen in those lives that I love, but I do know of One that is certain, which does lighten the load that weighs down my soul.

It is only when I recognize that I cannot fix everything around the world, that I must look to the One who CAN fix it all.
God, in His Infinite Wisdom, understands and sees all.

It is so relieving to know that God is not confined to my time schedule. I have never been able to keep a watch running. They are constantly running out of batteries, falling into water, or getting lost. Perhaps that is God's way of reminding me to not become a slave to our human idea of time.
I revel in watching the second hand of an analogue clock circle round and round through the seconds. But as I watch the seconds pass me by, I see my humanity clearly.

Praise God that He is Infinite.

He is the author of the Universes, and sees the entire set of Volumes He has written at one time. My life may seem to me like a time line, but He knows my beginning and my ending. He is not restricted by the bounds of time, for He created it. He knows what happened yesterday, that which is occurring now, and what is yet to come.
Yet still He says, "I know the thoughts that I think toward you, thoughts of Peace, and not of Evil, to give you an expected end."
The Hebrew translation sheds a brighter, more beautiful light to this commonly treasured word: "For I know the plans that I have, declares Yahweh, plans of peace and not evil, to give a future of hope."

Thanks be to the 'One who Is, the Existing One' who is infinite in wisdom, regardless of our human error. I have a future of hope that will last for as long as He Is.

1 comment: