February 7, 2011

Jealous God

It is so precious to think of how patient God is with us.

Humans are like endless roller coasters, we go through hundreds of ups and downs without warning, all within a matter of seconds.
God, in His infinite wisdom, understands us, knows our needs, and yet is often looked to last when we are in need.

Like the people of Israel after they had been rescued from Egypt, we first cry to God, thanking Him for rising victorious over our enemies, but soon after are bowing down to idols we ourselves have crafted, feeling powerful while using life, mind, and tools that were given us by the All-Powerful One.

I believe God feels pain, and that as He watches the very ones He rescued fall in love with something other than Him, that He is Jealous.

And we are created in the image of God.

So often I feel myself having such similar feelings, this "green monster."

God is truly the only One who can righteously be jealous, for who else is worthy of our adoration?
He is the One who gives us the breath in our lungs, yet we focus on our own accomplishments to give us satisfaction and a purpose.
We worship the created rather than the Creator.

Nevertheless I find myself full of jealousy when one that I love spend time with someone else, or focus on something that I know is ethereal or evil.
I find myself wanting to slap my friends and loved ones when they want something that I believe is harmful to themselves or that will dissuade them from their goals.
I worry about those whose lives I have invested in, that they will not aspire to the dreams I have for them.

But I can never do enough to make their lives perfect. I am of little consequence in this world; I am a grain of sand somewhere in the Sahara. I cannot move myself, but am reliant upon the breath of God to blow me where He wills.

He is jealous for me, and all I can control is what I worship.

I praise God that He never gives up on me. I stumble and fall, yet He is still picking my up continuously. Though I have scrapes, scabs, and scars covering my body, He calls me beautiful. He sees past my superficial front into my soul, and loves me and wants me to be in love with Him.

He waits, hand outstretched, asking me to dance, and never is His desire for anything else than to love and be loved by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment