February 23, 2011

Missions Emphasis Week
LU Style

This week is going down in my history book as one of my favorite weeks at school: Missions Emphasis Week.

Liberty brought all kinds of missionaries from across America to school to show our students just a glimpse of what we could be doing a. this summer and b. the rest of our lives.

We have heard from Steve Saint, son of Nate Saint, one of the 5 young men who were killed in Ecuador whose legacies live on, and whose mission is thriving still today.

I have always been fascinated with the story of Jim and Elizabeth Elliot, and have read several books about them and their ministry and have hoped that someday I could live a life that followed the example they made, regardless of the intense life they had.


One of the main themes of the week was complete surrender.
When looking at the lives of the Elliots, there is no doubt that they were completely surrendered to God and what His will is.
While complete surrender can be such a difficult concept to understand, and even more so to actually carry out, in reality it can be one of the most freeing actions a person can do.
When I am completely surrendered to God and His will, I don't have to worry about making my own decisions. He is going to do what He wants with my life.
He is in control of everything, and will do what's best for us. Thus we don't have to worry about His decisions; they are automatically going to be unimaginably better than anything we had planned.

Although from the outside of the Elliot and other families story in Ecuador appeared to have spiraled out of control, the beautiful portrayal of love that was shown by the wives to the people shows God's bigger plan to do more than we could even imagine with our lives. His path is on a higher level.

Let me give up my rights, I want Your plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment