February 28, 2011

Passover

Today I was learning about the Plagues in Egypt.
We listed all ten, and when we got to the end, I wrote Passover, right after the plague of the death of the firstborn of Egypt, but as I looked at the list, I realized that in actuality, they happened at the same time.

As the first passover meal was prepared and partaken of, the battle between Yahweh and the gods of Egypt was coming to a close. Ra had been blocked out, and darkness covered the homes of Egypt, but the Son lit up the houses of Israel as He displayed Himself through the blood from the sacrificed lamb that was sprinkled on the doorposts of the Israelite homes.

That night the Egyptians lost every one of their first born sons, but the homes who had performed the Passover were protected by the only Son who would ever be enough to cover the life of another.

The first born boys of Israel were protected by the blood that covered the front doors of their homes. As the blood of the sacrificed lamb was sprinkled on the doorposts, it formed a shadow of the symbol of the cross over the door, the eternal sign of God's Son.

In my own life, I have entered the family of God, and live in His house. My front door has the Lamb's blood upon it, the blood that was shed to cleanse me from my sins and my sinful nature. My life has been spared because I have been eternally protected.

I've been covered by the blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment